Saturday, July 30, 2011

Can I just take a second to vent?

Well, wait this is my blog so of course I can. Moving on.

For MONTHS I have been eyeing this one specific blazer on J. Crew's website. I even considered purchasing it right when I found it for $118 (yikes!), but I decided to be logical and just add the product's page to my bookmarks to stalk it until it went on sale. Or until I could find a reason to justify spending that much money on a blazer. Whichever came first.

Eventually it did go on sale proving that I was right to wait. However, it was still a bit pricey. I think it was in the $70 range? Whatever, anyway. I freaked out, but still decided to wait just in case it was reduced again. This brings me to my first encounter with the blazer in person. It's important to know at this point that the blazer comes in two different colors: white and a really pretty gray color. I'm sure you can tell from the way I worded that which one I want to own.

I took a mall trip with my friend Shannon (click her name to check her blog!) and the whole time we were out shopping I was eagerly waiting to see if J. Crew would have the blazer in store. Well, they did. Not only that, it was only in the $40 range! Dream come true right? I could hardly believe it, but two problems occurred here: 1. They had it in white, and 2. It was a size too big. Why buy the blazer when it wasn't in the color I wanted and it was in the wrong size?

When we made our way to the register to purchase what I did end up buying that day, I made a mention of it to the lady who nicely offered to order the blazer I wanted, in the color I wanted, for that same super awesome price as it was in store! I jumped across the counter and gave this lady the biggest hug that I had given anyone and literally sang the words "yes please!" and all of my dreams came true! Wait, that's in a perfect world in which I don't and never will reside in. In the real world, I said no. Stupidly. I really wanted to see the blazer in person, in the color that I wanted. I know I'm picky, but who can really blame a girl?

Now let me tell you about last week when J. Crew had an AMAZING sale online. They offered an extra 40% off clearance items + free shipping. This would make the total price of the blazer and shipping $44. I was ecstatic. Problem here? My bank account and I weren't on the same page. See a pattern yet? My ducks are never in a row. The sale was continuing until the following Tuesday which was pay day for me so I figured I would wait until then to order it, given they had the color and size I wanted still in stock.

Days turned to nights and sizes kept selling out, but they still continued to carry an 8. I was happy. This time I wasn't giving up! I'd finally grace my closet with this blazer's presence. That was, until that Sunday night, when I visited the webpage for the 100th time and the drop down size menu only said "0, 2, 4, 12". UM, I COULD HAVE CRIED. I'm even positive that I did, on the inside. How could it come down to this after constantly stalking this blazer since it first came out?

Today, almost a week later I happily went onto J. Crew's website to make my rounds and see what they had in. To torture myself some more, I decided to go to the blazer's product page and just take a wild guess at what I saw? MIRACULOUSLY, MAGICALLY, SOMEHOW SOMEWAY they now have a size 8 and it's in the color that I want. Fabulous, right? Not really. It's back to the price of $69.99.

Not cool, J. Crew. Not cool AT ALL!

4 comments:

  1. AWWWW! I'm so sorry that wanting a blazer turned into SUCH an ordeal. I hope you get it...but for $40!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noooo! Shopper's remorse. It gets the best of us. I played the exact same game with J. Crew last summer, trying to buy a vest for my husband. Total cat and mouse kind of thing! Gah! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, that happens to me all the time! If you haven't already sign up online for their email subscriptions. They will email you to let you know about sales immediately! Also as much as I love J and his Crew, I love TJ Maxx much more. The had a ton of cute blazers the last time I was in! Specifically a Free People Blazer for $20!!!! Amazing. Love the blog girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AH thank you guys. Would you believe that the size 8 is gone AGAIN!? I'm actually not surprised, this whole thing has been nothing but an emotional roller coaster. If only their blazers weren't so cute....

    Lindsey! I'm subscribed, I think I just need to start moving quicker when I want to order things. It sounds like I might also need a TJ Maxx trip in my future!

    ReplyDelete