Thursday, August 25, 2011

Scratch Sunday's post!

Today was my first official day of my orientation/internship. Monday morning I woke up so ill that I had to head back to the doctor's to get even more meds! Good news though. There are actually working this time.

I woke up this morning and made myself the most unhealthy oatmeal I've ever eaten complete with milk, vanilla coffee creamer, sugar, and cinnamon sugar. Terrible for my body, but just SO GOOD. I topped it off with some grapes on the side, so hopefully that counteracted some of the terribleness. I need to join a gym.


I arrived at my orientation on time, and to my surprise I have my own desk! I'm so excited over this little fact. I want to get decorating it as soon as possible, but I may need some ideas first.

The morning was full of routine paperwork for a new intern (such as myself), and during the later part of the day we visited another city building. I was introduced to a ton of people and I can't remember their names for the life of me (eek!). I have four months to get the whole "face to name" match game on lockdown. Can I do it? Hopefully.

A few things that I did today: I wrote a paragraph about one of the festivals coming up (my manager enjoyed my catchy headline/writing!). I concocted two lists of ideas to generate more traffic to the city's Facebook and Twitter page. I also had to go through one of the websites for a festival and jot down notes on what needed to be fixed/updated/improved/etc.

I'm really excited about this position, but definitely worn out from today. I know things will probably increase in hecticness the closer we get to events/festivals coming up but maybe that's all part of the fun.

By the way, thank you to the lovely people that wished me good luck! It was appreciated and definitely helped me get through the day.

xx

6 comments:

  1. fantstic blog :)

    kisses,
    Klaudia B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great blog!

    please visit and follow if u like :)

    http://lusciousstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you'll learn a lot during your internship program. Thanks for sharing the experience and feel free to drop by me too, soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful experience! thanks for sharing!!

    xx
    Laura

    I would love if you check out my blog: http://www.pursesandi.com
    There is also a cool OPS!OBJECTS GIVEAWAY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. exciting first day for sure! that bowl of oatmeal sounds amazing...have you tried to put coconut milk in it before? vanilla coconut milk is my fave oatmeal addition.

    http://www.diyainherstilettos.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fabulous experience-great job! Keep the great posts coming!

    http://mplusbdiaries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete